fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

THE BEST Peanut Butter Fingers (no lie!)

So after receiving many versions of this much sought after school lunch favorite... I have created my own recipe using what I liked from them all :) These are truly amazing. I told Flint that we need to get rid of atleast half the pan ASAP or I will 1. probably suffer some terrible pregnancy heartburn and/or 2. we will both gain about ten pounds. (We are huge suckers for chocolate and peanut butter... in just about any form) Enjoy! So yummy.

Peanut Butter Fingers
1 Cup Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
2 Cups Flour
2/3 Cup Peanut Butter (plus more to spread on top)
2 Cups Oats
 
Mix all ingredients together. Press into greased 11x17 cookie pan, bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Do not Overcook!  While still warm, frost with a layer of peanut butter and then frosting. I let my peanut butter cool slightly before I poured on the frosting. 
 
Frosting
1 C. Butter
4 C. Powdered Sugar
1/4 C. Cocoa
1 tsp. Vanilla
1-5 T. Milk
 
Mix butter, cocoa, and vanilla in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add powdered sugar. Beat. If mixture is too thick, add 1-5 T. milk. Frosting sets up quickly, so be prepared to spread it immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment