fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bavarian Pot Roast (from Codee at readableeatables.blogspot.com)

roast beef Pictures, Images and Photos

Planning out my menu for the rest of the week and thought of this pot roast that I adore. This recipe comes from my sister-in-law Codee who I love dearly. Not only is she amazing, but she makes amazing food and loves doing it. So we bonded quickly... :) This just may be my favorite roast. For one, I am like a rice fanatic. This roast is so delicious over white rice. Second, it is not your typical roast that EVERYONE makes. The flavors blend perfectly and it is just yummy! I am usually hesitant cooking meat/fruit combos. This changed me :) Third, you cook it in the crock pot.....which is heavenly. One side note... I have personally not had the best luck making my gravy in the crock pot. I usually just put a couple cups of the juices in a saucepan and add some cornstarch. Heat till thickened. That's what has worked for me :) Hope you enjoy.

1 Pot Roast
1 tsp Vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 whole cloves of garlic ( I insert them right into the roast)
4 medium size apples, leave the skins on
1 small onion, sliced
1 cup apple juice
3-4 tbs flour
3-4 tbs water

Lightly rub top of meat with oil, dust the meat with salt and pepper and ground ginger. Insert the garlic cloves into meat. Place the apples and onion slices in the bottom of a crockpot and put the roast on top. Pour in the apple juice. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. When its done remove the roast and apples to a platter and turn the crockpot on high. Make a paste with the flour and warm water and stir the paste into pot bring to a slight boil until it thickens. Use as gravy when serving the roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment