fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Oatmeal Cookie #3

Today is the last day to enter into the Easter Giveaway! Become a follower of my blog and you will automatically be entered to win your choice of 3 awesome prizes! Best of luck! I will announce the winner tomorrow. Now back to Oatmeal Cookies... Here is another Ray family favorite...

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I post it in honor of my husband that lives for chocolate & peanut butter. I started making these during the wrestling season and he got mad when I gave most of them away. I was only trying to help.... He says that they are the best cookie he has ever tasted. I add milk chocolate chips to mine and use real butter rather than margarine.

Ingredients

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3.Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.

1 comment: