fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Garlic cheesy Artichoke Dip


My sister-in-law made this dip for us a few times over the holidays last winter and I LOVED it. I could not stop eating it. You can either slice up a bagette or use tortilla chips to dip in. You can serve it as is or scoop it into a bread bowl. Both are delicious. Easy and AMAZING. Enjoy :)

2 T butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans artichoke hearts, cut up
16 oz sour cream
2 8oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 bread bowl with the top cut off and hollowed out

Saute the garlic in the butter for about a minute on med-high heat. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Put the dip in a baking dish, cover the top with foil and heat in the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 375. Serve with sliced french or sour dough baguettes or tortilla chips.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm that sounds really good. I wonder why it needs to be baked so long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds SO GOOD!! I'm looking forward to trying all these new recipes :-) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure exactly... but trust me and just do it :)

    ReplyDelete