fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oatmeal Cookie Madness! (and a GIVEAWAY!!)

Just 3 more days to become a follower and be entered into the Easter GIVEAWAY drawing! The winner will choose from 1 of 3 prizes... Now how about oatmeal cookies?! Yesterday afternoon we got a hinkering for those good old No Bake Cookies. Can you really go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter? The were delish and got me to thinking about all of my favorite oatmeal cookies. So here you have them! It's hard to choose a favorite. So try... and enjoy! :)

Mom's Oatmeal Cookies

These always come out so moist and fluffy. Not to mention they make your house smell like heaven!

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Makes 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment