fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Green Grape Salad

I had a BBQ for Flint's birthday last weekend. Although it was a little stressful getting all of the food ready with little Allie on my hip, the food was a success! I am going to post a few of the favorites. Because I like to experiment, most of the recipes were first-timers for me. Enjoy!

Green Grape Salad


This was my sister's favorite. I doubled it for the BBQ and everyone took what little was leftover! I am thinking of adding granny smith apples next time. I think it would be PERFECT! Delicious and addicting as is.

Ingredients

4 pounds seedless green grapes
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces chopped pecans
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions

1.Wash and dry grapes. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Add grapes and mix until evenly incorporated. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans, mix again and refrigerate until serving.

1 comment:

  1. Oh ash, I will have to make this, it just looks too good. I love that you have a blog :)

    ReplyDelete