fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grilled Potatoes & Onions


I found this recipe on allrecipes.com today. I made pork chops tonight and was looking for a way to use up some of the potatoes I have. I am not a huge baked potato fan, so I thought this would be good and different. I adapted the recipe for convenience... I put mine in the oven on broil and placed them on the second rack from the top. I turned them once halfway through and broiled them in foil for a total of 30 minutes. Instead of using butter, I drizzled olive oil on top. They were perfect! I served them with Sage Pork Chops and Strawberry Spinach Salad. The meal was delish! Enjoy :)

Ingredients

4 potatoes, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 T. butter

Directions

1.Preheat grill for medium heat.
2.For each packet, measure out 2 or 3 squares of aluminum foil large enough to easily wrap the vegetables, and layer one on top of the other. Place some of the potatoes and onion in the center, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and dot with butter. Wrap into a flattened square, and seal the edges. Repeat with remaining potatoes and onion.
3.Place aluminum wrapped package over indirect heat, and cover. Cook for approximately 30 minutes, turning once. Serve hot off the grill.

1 comment:

  1. Question Ash, Red onions give me horrid heartburn when eaten raw. I love the flavor though. Is a red onion a must for the best flavor?

    ReplyDelete