fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ashley's Oatmeal Cookies


So... I know that we are over the whole oatmeal cookie thing but I decided to make some for my father-in-law last night and decided to combine a few of my favorites to create one that he in particular would love! Flint is funny with cloves and since I KNEW he would be sneaking more than a few.... I decided to cut down on the cloves and add a little nutmeg. These were AMAZING! I overbaked mine a little so I would stick to 10-11 minutes if you are making cookies using a rounded tablespoon. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 c. milk chocolate chips

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, nuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3.Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Cookies may look a tad underdone. Let them cool a minute before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Makes 6 dozen small cookies or 3 dozen big ones! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment