fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

WIC

My husband and I would probably be put in the "starving student" category. Because of this we gratefully qualify for many government assistance programs. This has been extremely helpful while we have both been trying to finish school. One program that is highly underused is called WIC. It is a health program for women, infants, and children. WIC assists pregnant or breastfeeding women, and children with groceries each month. You are given vouchers for specific food items that they see as important in your healthy eating plan. They are huge advocates of breastfeeding, but can also aid in the purchasing of infant formula. Many people qualify and just don't know it. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment