fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Sisters Cafe: Pesto Chicken Pizza with Pinenuts and Feta

We made this pizza for dinner last night and LOVED it! We are big pizza people so anytime I get a new recipe I've got to try it. The only things I did differently were that I did not make HOMEMADE pesto (because I sadly don't yet own a food processor), and I cooked our pizza at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. This makes our pizza perfect every time. I just bought a pesto mix that was like $1 at the grocery store. You just add water and oil and voila! I used the Grilled Lemon Chicken & Pizza Dough recipes from their site as well. I will make sure I post them next. Hope you love this pizza as much as we did.

Preheat Pizza Stone in 400° oven. Roll out prepared pizza dough and place on preheated pizza stone. Top pizza dough with the following ingredients in order:

1) Pesto (LIBERALLY spread pesto over the pizza, so you can’t see the dough through it, and up on top the edges so the crusts will have pesto on them as well.)
2) Feta cheese (about 4 oz)
3) Red onion slivers (about 1/3 onion -I like lots of red onion and tomatoes)
4) Chicken pieces (about 1 1/2 Grilled Lemon marinated breasts, diced and cooked)
5) Tomato slices (1-2 tomatoes, bite-sized slices)
6) Mozzarella cheese (to your liking)
7) Pine nuts (sprinkle over top)

Bake in 400° oven for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment