fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Results of my Thanksgiving Baking Agenda...

Thanksgiving has come and gone! Just thought I'd give you a recap on what I made and how everything panned out.

-The pumpkin pie got rave reviews although I did not eat any myself. The only suggestion I would give is to cover it with foil for part of the time. Mine got more brown than I would have liked around the edges. Cook for the longest cooking time listed (depending on your own oven).

-The apple pie was to die for. I followed the suggestions of others and made a few changes. I brushed the bottom crust with egg whites to avoid sogginess. I also poured 2/3 of the caramel mixture on the apples before covering with the top crust. I then poured on the other 1/3. I added 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 T. vanilla & a dash of nutmeg to the caramel. I used 6 granny smith apples rather than 8. I also cooked the pie at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. It could not have been more perfect. My step-father was disappointed when he found out that the pie was going to the in-laws :)

-The cheesecake also turned out perfect! I followed the directions exactly and baked it for 1 hr. I used granny smith apples. You could experiment with different kinds but I think they were a good combination with the cheesecake.

-The chocolate silk pie was as always a hit. I even used the pie that was already topped with whipped cream the next day and it tasted just as delicious. It is very rich so you probably don't need more than one :) We ended up with one extra.

-The coconut cream pie was fabulous. Follow the recipe exactly.

-The pumpkin roll was nice and moist! Delicious! We used our electric knife to cut it while it was still frozen. It worked out really nicely and was perfect when we were ready to eat it after dinner.

-The blueberry surprise jello was easy and good.

-The strawberry spinach salad was delicious too. The next day my mom used my leftover ingredients and added a pomegranate instead of strawberries. Everyone loved it!

Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with good family good friends and good food :) Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like everything was a success! You are the cooking queen and I think one day if you ever have a cooking show it could be the name of your blog...just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete