fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Greek Island Pitzas

Long time no post huh??!?! I have been a little crazy with life. My husband had a very intense shoulder surgery, I have been tending a little girl full-time and I was preparing for a Child Life internship interview at Primary Children's Medical Center. Things have calmed down a lot, so I am back! So! Let's just say that I LOVED this meal. It was delicious. I added some lemon-pepper grilled chicken to our pitzas and added a side salad of romaine lettuce, berries, green apples, and walnuts. I topped it with a maple balsamic dressing. YUM! Also for the pitzas I ended up buying 100% Whole Wheat "Earthgrain Thin Buns" because pitas were nowhere to be found in the store I was at. They turned out PERFECT! I think I might almost prefer them this way, but you decide :) I have been trying to cook a little more lightly with a trip to Maui coming up.... so I went to a Weight Watchers cookbook I own called "Pizza, Pizza"! So not only is this meal delicious, but there is little guilt involved :) I will post my version here along with nutrition facts. Enjoy!

Greek Island Pitzas


1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chopped
1 small zucchini, peeled and grated
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. oregano
3 100% whole wheat EarthGrain Thin Buns, split in half
9 cherry tomatoes, halved
6 lg. kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
1/4 c. basil-tomato feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. sliced red onion
1 lemon-pepper grilled chicken breast, chopped (optional)
Salt & Pepper (optional)

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray non-stick skillet w/ nonstick spray and set over med. high heat. Add artichokes, zucchini, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring frequently, till zucchini is tender, about 2 min. Place thin bun halves on a baking sheet. Spread artichoke mixture on top of each. Top with remaining ingredients. Bake till heated through, about 10 min. Serves 3

Nutrition Facts (w/o chicken or salt & pepper)

Serving Size: 2 Thin bun halves
Calories: 320
Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 16 mg
Sodium: 730 mg
Carbohydrates: 53
Fiber: 10 g
Protein: 16 g
Calcium: 197 mg

Weight Watcher Points: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment