fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Maple Apple Blueberry Salad


YUM! This salad is amazing to me. I had something like it at Zupas recently. Zupas can get pricey.... so I thought I would come up with something I could make at home! This tastes almost exactly like it. You can experiment with the dressing but I will list the one I found at our local grocery store.

1 bag romaine lettuce
1 cup blueberries
1 granny smith apple (chopped)
feta cheese
candied walnuts (recipe below)
Maple Balsamic Dressing (I used Stonewall Kitchen's)

Toss to combine! Enjoy!

Candied Walnuts:

1 c. chopped walnuts
3 T. sugar
1 1/2 T. orange juice
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 T. sugar

Bring 3 T. sugar and orange juice to simmer in frying pan. Add walnuts and cook and stir until orange juice is absorbed & mixture starts to carmelize. Combine nuts with cinnamon & 1 1/2 T. sugar in a bowl. Toss to coat. Spread nuts onto lightly greased baking sheet and bake @ 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until sugar begins to crystalize. Let cool before adding to salad.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to try this! I love zupas, I tried their mango berry salad and it was delish! If you can find a recipe for their mango yogurt dressing I would love that!
    Thanks ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do Kal! Salads are the best :) They can make any meal amazing!

    ReplyDelete