fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Noodles & Co. Pasta Fresca Recipe - Food.com - 308516



Ingredients:

2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 cups pre-cooked farfalle pasta
1/4 cup cubed roma tomato
1 tablespoon diced red onion
2 dashes kosher salt, and
cracked pepper
1 ounce baby fresh spinach
1/4 cup fresh garlic
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup sweet white wine
1 cup extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Sauté Instructions: In a very hot sauté pan, add: extra virgin olive oil, pre-cooked farfalle (bow-tie pasta), roma tomatoes, diced red onions, kosher salt & cracked pepper. Sear noodles, stirring occasionally until steaming hot. Add: baby fresh spinach, 1 oz. fresca sauce. Toss to combine, serve with freshly shaved parmesan cheese. Serves 4.

FRESCA SAUCE: (for 15 servings) 1/4 cup fresh garlic, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup sweet white wine, 1 cup extra virgin olive oil.

-I first tried this dish at Noodles & Company about a year back. I was instantly in love! I was browsing what used to be recipezaar.com (now food.com) when I came across this recipe. Whoever found or came up with this was genious! It tastes just like it! First off- my husand and I can eat this all by ourselves. So in our case it serves 2 :) There are a few variations that I use. For instance last night I made this dish and topped it with feta cheese instead. We grilled some cheap salmon with lemon & herbs and voilla! It was a great meal and a healthy one too. I often chop up grilled chicken w/lemon pepper and add it to the pasta. Sometimes I toss in a few kalamata olives. SO GOOD! The fresca sauce recipe they have makes a ton! I revised it to make just enough for what you need. Here goes:

4 tsp. fresh garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
4 tsp. white wine
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil

Enjoy! You're gonna love this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this. I've been to Noodles and Co. Only once but I really liked it, and this sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I printed this one off awhile ago and just tried it tonight! Loved it! My husband kept going back for more, which is always a good sign :) It also was the perfect amount for us two as well (2 servings) I'll have to try the lemon peppered chicken on it! That was the only thing I thought it kind of needed for some extra zing. But truely it was so good without it as well! Love the stuff you're posting Ash! :)

    ReplyDelete