fall

I am...

My photo
Orem, Utah, United States
I am a lover of my husband, adorable children, and last but not least food. I first started baking when I was just a little girl. My mom always had an amazing home-cooked meal on the table and she always encouraged me to help. Much of what I know has come from watching her in the kitchen. I used to love to pretend I owned a restaurant and cook things up for my siblings and their friends. Not much has changed :) Now my sweet husband and kids get to be my taste testers. I love exploring new ingredients and am always looking for the best of the best when it comes to recipes. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Through this blog I will share just a few of my favorite things- my passion for child development, my wonderful family, and my love for food :) Happy blogging!

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Yay for Spring!

It's been a while, so I thought it was time for a little update :) Spring seems to be here in North Carolina (as far as I can tell...) It seems more gloomy here in North Carolina than in Utah (more rain, less sunshine), so we are happily welcoming the weather change! (for now :) We have whipped out our fire pit and the kids are in heaven. Now I just need to convince Kale that we can't roast hot dogs EVERY night :) We have had lots of 60 degree weather, so it has been nice to get outside again.

I am now 29 weeks pregnant! Most days I am not experiencing as much pain with walking the neighborhood as I was before. Most of my back pain has gone away as well. So let's just make it at least another 8 weeks :) Baby is measuring a week early as of now. Right in time for the week of Flint's Final! My mom is awesome and is flying in to stay for a week, so that relieves a lot of stress.

Other exciting news in our house right now is that we get a great tax refund, and are surprising the kids with a trampoline.. yay! (It has been a long awaited thing on the wish list, which is quite large :) We have tried hard to keep the faith, having received a couple thousand dollars less this semester for financial aid. We are counting our blessings, which are many.

In a couple weeks we are taking a family trip to Tampa while Flint attends a Sports Medicine conference. We are all SO excited for the beach, and even a hotel swimming pool! There are not many public pools around here.

School is still controlling our lives :) But we have a lot of other stuff going on to keep our minds occupied.
We recently bought a van (yes, Flint finally happily gave in), and are in the process of selling our car. Us poor students have to survive on one vehicle :)

Allie is still doing preschool a couple days a week through the co-op I am involved in with our ward. This fall we plan on her attending a preschool through the presbyterian church closeby a few days a week. It has been really fun to watch her learn and grow. She has FINALLY mastered potty-training which is in and of itself a MIRACLE. (That is one stubborn girl). Her ballet recital is coming up. At the latest observation day, she seemed more concerned about smiling at all the parents than performing the actual dance.... :) Although her forward rolls are olympic-worthy.

Kale is still Kale, but his behavior/mood are really improving. He is talking a lot more and we are able to reason with him, which has really taken a load off my back (literally). He has had a chronic cough since we moved here that seems to be really bad lately, so we are looking into allergies/asthma. Hopefully we get it figured out, as it has started to keep him up at night.

As for me, I just planted my very first herb garden, which I am ecstatic about!!!! It was a cheap thrill :) If I overload you with recipes now, don't be alarmed. I also just started creating my own recipe book. I haven't decided how far to go with it... so I'll keep you updated :) It started as a small project, but is becoming quite involved. I also just got back into reading, which I have missed dearly. So Flint and I's nights consist of sitting together on the couch while be both read (me for pleasure, him for pain). We both just received new church callings. Flint is now the Sunday School President and I am the Primary Secretary. The change has been good for us. Things are good!

Flint is and always will be the best husband and dad ever. He is loving watching Kale grow up and they already love venturing into the woods together. It cracks me up :) Here are a few snapshots of our days the last little while :) Until next time...

Ashley

Kale enjoying storytime for the first time :)

Fun with color sorting

One of my attempts to get back into sewing :) We made "the girls" matching skirts, which Allie was really excited about.

Nail painting of course.


Feeding the seagulls and ducks on a chilly day

Kale later decided to chase them with our stroller.....


Such an artist :)

Fun with vacuum attachments.... (swords)

Our second snow storm! YAY!

We were determined to build a snowman for Allie, so we ended up constructing in the dark when Flint was home from school. He is so sweet.

Kale getting to work on our yard.


Exploring the woods behind our house with Dad

Visiting the fire station

Baking yummy treats :)

Having WAY too much fun helping me plant my little herb garden

It's a start!

Allie being the amazing  big sister that she is when Kale was not feeling well. Love those two.



No comments:

Post a Comment